Goffstown Seed Library
Nourishing our community, one seed at a time...
“Borrow” seeds to start your gardens! Located on the third floor, the Seed Library is now available to “check out”.
The steps are simple:
- Choose what seed varieties you want.
- Fill out the sign-out sheet with what you chose.
- There are seed packets with planting instructions on the table, you can make note of the planting information on the packets you are taking home.
- We’re also collecting harvested seeds at the end of the summer, so please note whether you would like to participate in that when you’re filling out the sign-out sheet. When you bring those in, please label each envelope with the seed and variety information.
When using the Seed Library, take what you need but remember to leave enough for others. This project is based on the honor system, so a staff member is not needed to “check out” seeds.
Seed will be swapped out as the seasons change, so be sure to check back every so often for new seed varieties.
Happy gardening and be sure to use #goffstownlibrary on social media to share your Seed Library bounty!
Read All About Gardening!
Share the Bounty in 2023
Grow a Row – through August 31
Do you have a green thumb? Enjoy your garden while helping your community this summer by participating in Grow a Row! The Goffstown Network Food Pantry’s Grow a Row program encourages local gardeners to add an extra row (or more) of their favorite vegetables to their garden, and then donate those extra vegetables. Your vegetable surplus will be used to stock the Goffstown Network Food Pantry with healthy and fresh food for our neighbors in need.
After harvest, drop off your produce at two locations during open hours:
- Goffstown Network Food Pantry, St. Matthew’s, 7 North Mast Street, (603) 497-3433
- Goffstown Public Library, 2 High Street, (603) 497-2102
Harvest Swap – Saturday, August 19 from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Share and swap your bounty with the community! Too many tomatoes? Want to swap your squash? Come by and see what others have grown this summer and exchange some of your garden produce. Register for this event and let us know you’re coming at www.goffstownlibrary.com/calendar.
For Further Reading
Gardening & Growing
- Free Online Food Growing Course – Thrive™ (thriveforgood.org)
- Sustainable Gardening – American Horticultural Society (ahsgardening.org)
- Yard & Garden | Extension (unh.edu)
- In the Home & Garden | UNH Today
- Seed Saving Resources (communityseednetwork.org)
- How to Save Seeds – Seed Savers Exchange
- How do I save seeds for next year’s garden? | Extension (unh.edu)
In the E-Library