National Library Week
“I am so honored to serve as honorary chair of National Library Week for 2022. My mom was a librarian. She encouraged kids to read. So, the work of librarians and libraries has such a special place in my heart.
Libraries are places where communities connect—to things like broadband, computers, programs and classes, books, movies, video games, and more. But most importantly, libraries connect us to each other. Supporting National Library Week in this role allows me to connect to my mother’s memory and all the librarians out there. Thank you for everything you do.”
Connect with Your Library – join, visit or advocate for the Goffstown Public Library!
The theme for National Library Week 2022, “Connect with Your Library,” promotes the idea that libraries are places to get connected to technology by using broadband, computers, and other resources. Libraries also offer opportunities to connect with media, programs, ideas, and classes—in addition to books. Most importantly libraries also connect communities to each other.
- Stop by the Children’s Room to browse & borrow from the display of library-related picture books. You can also scroll the list below and place your requests online.
- Visit the National Library Week displays for activities for all ages, and on Wednesday 4/6 from 4-6pm & Friday 4/8 from 4-5pm pick up some popcorn .
- Chat with one of our Adult Services staff and give them three words that interest you — then see what they select for you from your library’s collections!
- Visit the calendar and check out
- the Big Library Read featuring Questlove’s Music is History in the Libby app.
- Tiny Art Show kits for grades 5-12
- LEGO® Block time for kids up through grade 5
- Silent Book Club for grades 5-12
- Adult Book Discussion group, and Story Times.
Ways to Celebrate and Show Your Support
Visit the Library – Online & In-Person – The Library provides the opportunity to connect with new worlds through access to technology, multimedia content, and educational programs. Take time to connect with us during National Library Week to see all we have to offer.
Share – Share what you love about the resources & services available at the library and post on social media about a book, audiobook, story time, or book club, or how the library has made a difference in your life. Don’t forget to tag us or use #goffstownlibrary. If you love your library, say it loud and proud: vocal community support helps libraries and reminds hardworking library staff that their efforts are appreciated.
Tell a friend! – Share what you love about the library with friends and family and encourage them to stop in and get their own library card.
Need a reminder of what’s available to you at home, from the e-library? Grab a copy of our takeout menu!
National Library Week is an annual celebration highlighting the valuable role libraries, librarians, and library workers play in transforming lives and strengthening our communities. First sponsored in 1958, National Library Week is sponsored by the American Library Association (ALA) and observed in libraries across the country each April.