The Library will be closed from Saturday, May 27 through Monday, May 29 for the 2023 Memorial Day weekend.
We will reopen Tuesday, May 30 at 9:00 a.m.
Since 1971, Memorial Day has been a national day of remembrance for those who have died in service of the United States, observed on the last Monday of May. Thank you to all who have served.
For more information, please visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website. There you’ll find more resources about this date, including links to veterans cemetery databases, and information about flag displays.
Learn More in the E-Library
- Ancestry Library Edition – Available in the Library during business hours, you can view census records, historical records, photos, stories and maps.
- Digital books. magazines, and more are available to you in the e-library with the Libby, hoopla, and cloudLibrary apps.
- HeritageQuest – Includes all of the images and indexing from the 1790 – 1940 U.S. federal censuses. It features over 22,000 family and local histories in addition to 250 primary-source documents such as tax lists, city directories, probate records, and more.
- NewsBank – Provides full-text U.S. newspapers, including The Union Leader and the NH Sunday News (since 1989) and The Concord Monitor (since 2002).
- Universal Class – Offers over 30 history courses, including World War I, World War II, Vietnam War, and The Gulf War.