Status of Library Addition
What is the status of our proposed building addition?
The Library Board of Trustees has been working diligently behind the scenes to prepare for an addition to our historic building. The bond vote for the money to break ground and start construction has not been requested of the voters as of March 2022.
What’s happening in 2022:
- The funding feasibility study has been completed and received by the Library Board of Trustees.
- The Goffstown Public Library Foundation is working on a plan for annual giving and is discussing the potential capital campaign.
- Tours of the library building will happen regularly, the next one is on Saturday, June 4. Please check our calendar for future dates at goffstownlibrary.com/calendar.
- Additional Listening Sessions will be scheduled to discuss the plans for the building addition and gather feedback from the public. The next one is scheduled for Saturday, August 13 at 10am at Stark Hall on Church Street.
- Preliminary discussions about hiring a marketing professional for assistance.
- Naming Policy will be completed, along with schedule of naming opportunities.
2021 Warrant Article-Geotechnical Investigation, Survey, Fundraiser–$95,000
The Library Board of Trustees requested the approval to spend $95,000 of their own privately held funds to pay for a fundraising consultant, a complete survey and geotechnical investigations of the property.
What was completed in 2021 and 2022:
- The Library Board of Trustees hired Strong Resource Group to conduct the funding feasibility study.
- Bauen Corporation, our construction management company, conducted preconstruction services and pricing.
- Geotechnical Services, Inc. was hired for the property investigations.
- Keach-Nordstrom surveyed the property fully.
- Further pre-engineering work by McFarland-Johnson.
2019 Warrant Article-Feasibility Study–$80,000
The Library Board of Trustees requested the approval to spend $80,000 of their own privately held funds to pay for a feasibility study and architectural design of a library addition. They contracted with McFarland Johnson, an engineering firm, and SMP Architecture, that has many years of experience with historic buildings.
What was completed in 2019 and 2020:
- Schematic designs and specifications; pre-engineering.
- Exterior concept images.
- Interior concept design.
- Hired Bauen Corporation, a construction management firm.
- Hosted two community forums to discuss the proposed addition with the public.
- The Goffstown Public Library Foundation was formed to handle a capital campaign for the building addition.