At the Goffstown Public Library it is our mission to provide quality educational, literary and community programming to the children and families of Goffstown.
- Discover e-books, e-audiobooks, magazines, movies and more in the catalog and at www.goffstownlibrary.com/digital.
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten
- Preschool Story Times (see Story Time Guidelines)
- Summer Experience
- Take & Make Projects
- Workshops • Classes • Events • After-School Activities
and in the Children’s Room …
- Friendly Staff
- Books • Audiobooks
- Video Games
Find information in our E-Library with more precision and control than browsing the internet. With your Goffstown Public Library card, you can access information specifically geared towards a younger audience.
Explora for Children is a research tool that enables a quick search of articles, magazines, newspapers, encyclopedias, dictionaries, books, biographies, and historical essays. Always available in the Education category of the e-library.
- Browse categories organized by popular topic.
- 60,000 top videos from the Associated Press.
- Over 1 million relevant photos, images, and maps.
Novelist K-8 is a reader’s advisory database where kids can enter authors, titles, series, or subjects of fictional works that they have enjoyed, and view a list of similar works based on their entries.
Reinforce, or supplement language learning with Mango Languages offering 70+ languages including ESL.
Watch streaming movies or download the latest e-books
Learn more at www.goffstownlibrary.com/digital
See all the E-Library has to offer at www.goffstownlibrary.com/elibrary
STEAM = Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics
In addition to in-person and virtual STEAM programming throughout the year, you’ll find lots of STEAM reads & activities in the e-library:
- OverDrive & Libby by OverDrive offer STEM e-books and e-audiobooks
- Browse e-books in the Kids Nonfiction category in cloudLibrary
- hoopla has STEAM e-books
- In the Libby app, explore magazines like National Geographic Kids, Animal Tales, Highlights, and Highlights High Five.
To learn about all the downloadable apps, please visit www.goffstownlibrary.com/digital
1000 Books Before KindergartenThe single most important thing you can do to prepare your children to read is to read to them every day. Research proves that children need to hear 1000 books before they begin to learn to read independently. Reading to children will:
- increase their vocabulary,
- increase their listening and narrative skills,
- help to instill in them self-awareness and confidence,
- impart an understanding of their place in the world.
HOW CAN I READ 1000 BOOKS? It’s easy!
One book a day for three years = 1000
Three books a day for one year = 1000
Ten books a week for two years = 1000
WHAT COUNTS? Everything! Every book you read counts every time you read it. Books your child hears at Story Time count. Books that others read to your child count. It all counts!
WHERE CAN I SIGN UP? When the Library is closed, you can sign up at www.goffstownlibrary.com/calendar. When we’re open, please sign up in the Children’s Room. We’ll give you log sheets to help you keep count of the books you read with your child, along with rewards and incentives during your journey – including a 1000 Books Before Kindergarten tote bag after you have read your first 100 books! Printable log sheets are below.
WHEN: Register anytime from your child’s birth up through entering kindergarten.
It’s one of the best gifts you will ever give your child … and yourself!
Download & Print:
Kids’ Book Talk with Ms. Patti
New Chapter Books
Pop-Tart® Gingerbread Houses
with Stacey and Ms. Doreen
Simple STEAM Activity – Bird Nest