Book Discussion Groups
The Library hosts two book discussion groups each month. All discussions are open to any teen or adult who is interested. To reserve a copy of the current selection, call 603-497-2102.
Schedules and availability are subject to change. Please visit our calendar at goffstownlibrary.com/calendar for the latest titles and updates.
Our afternoon book discussion group meets the third Wednesday of each month at 1:30pm. Let us know if you’d like to attend these group discussions and we will supply you with the books.
- January 19, Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
- February 16, Prairie Fires: The American Dreams of Laura Ingalls Wilder by Caroline Fraser
- March 16, The Upswing: How America Came Together a Century Ago and How We Can Do it Again by Robert D Putnam (Part of our 2022 Community Conversation)
- April 20, The Only Woman in the Room by Marie Benedict
- May 18, Hamnet: A Novel of the Plague by Maggie O’Farrell
- June 15, Jim Henson: The Biography by Brian Jay Jones
- July 20, Nomadland: Surviving America in the 21st Century by Jessica Bruder
- August 17, The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
- September 21, 100 Things We’ve Lost to the Internet by Pamela Paul
- October 19, The Dutch House by Anne Patchett
- November 16, The Exiles by Christina Baker Kline
- December 21, Gulp by Mary Roach
Our evening book group meets the first Tuesday of each month at 6:30pm. Let us know if you’d like to attend these group discussions and we will supply you with the books.
- January 4, The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune
- February 1, The Upswing: How America Came Together a Century Ago and How We Can Do it Again by Robert Putnam
- March 1, The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
- April 5, Suggested Reading by David Connis
- May 3, Wade in the Water by Tracy K. Smith
- June 7, The Seed Keeper by Diane Wilson
- July 5, The Clean House by Sarah Ruhl
- August 2, Clark and Division by Naomi Hirahara -OR- They Called Us Enemy by George Takei
- September 6, The Heartbeat of Wounded Knee by David Treuer
- October 4, We Begin at the End by Chris Whitaker
- November 1, Go Tell It on the Mountain by James Baldwin
- December 6, Stone Mattress by Margaret Atwood