Building Addition Information
The Goffstown Public Library belongs to the community and that has been our focus for over 100 years. The information presented on this page is meant to continue our commitment to the residents of Goffstown and to remain transparent and accepting of feedback.
- Goffstown Master Plan 2020 Update
- Recording of January 23, 2021 Community Forum
- Slides Presented at January 23, 2021 Community Forum
- Library Renovation and Expansion Project Costs 2021
- Square Footage Comparisons
- 2020-1211 GPL Outline Specification
- 2020-1211 GPL Schematic Design Set
- 2020-1119 Goffstown Public Library CM RFQ
- 2020-1017 GPL concept images
- 2020-1017 GPL concept plans
- GPL Area Take-off
The presented designs for an addition to the Library building are preliminary, with many public forums being planned over the next year to present information and gather feedback from the community. All feedback will be considered and incorporated as best as possible while keeping the library’s functionality and the Trustees’ financial responsibilities in mind.
Project background information:
- The Goffstown Public Library is 111 years old and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- The only expansion to date was the addition of the elevator and emergency stairwell.
- 2018 Community Survey – www.goffstownlibrary.com/2018survey
- The new expansion is scheduled to be finished in 2023.
- The next community input session is planned for early 2021.
- A construction manager and a fundraiser are to be hired in March or April 2021.
- A foundation to assist in this project is being incorporated and has begun meeting.
- There is no budget for the capital campaign yet.
- A committee is being formed to assist the Library Board of Trustees.
- We are currently in phase 2 of a feasibility study with SMP Architects and McFarland Johnson.
- The library has two sources of money: budget (taxpayer money) and bequests and donations.
Past spending for this project:
- 2009 Purchase of the grass lot and upper parking lot adjacent to the current parking lot through Trustee funds: $272,000
- 2018 Community survey about the library expansion
- 2019 Feasibility study was approved by the taxpayers: $80,000 of Trustee unrestricted funds
- 2021 Library Renovation and Expansion, Preconstruction, approved by the taxpayers: $95,000 of Trustee unrestricted funds
To submit questions and comments about our ongoing feasibility study and process for an addition to the GPL, email the Library Board of Trustees at email@example.com
All meetings of the Library Board of Trustees are open to the public, as required by law. For more information, please call or email Dianne Hathaway, Library Director, at 603-497-2102 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Meetings are held on the third Wednesday of each month at 6:30pm, you can see the up-to-date calendar of events and meetings at www.goffstownlibrary.com/calendar. Please join us!