Today many are struggling to make sense of the horrible events at the Sandy Hook Elementary School. The American Library Association has provided us with links to tip sheets and resources with very good information about how to help yourself and your child over the next few days.
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Talking to Your Child About Tragic Events
- Talking to Your Children About the Recent Spate of School Shootings
- Helping Children & Adolescents Cope with Violence & Disasters
- Library Books to Help Kids Talk about the Newtown Tragedy
- Helping Kids Cope With Tragic National News