The school year is underway and by now students probably have all the notebooks, pencils and glue sticks they need. One money-saving school supply that’s free and available right here at 2 High Street: a library card. In fact, we think a library card is the most valuable back-to-school supply a student can have.
When homework requires more than what internet search engines provide.
“My teacher doesn’t want me to google the answer.”
“I’m looking for current information and don’t know where to begin.”
“I need more than what I found in Wikipedia.”
Your library card gives you access to research databases containing articles, journals, magazines, newspapers, books, and more for academic and general research.
Remember, anyone can publish whatever they want on the internet. Databases at the Library are reliable and citeable, providing copyrighted and authoritative information. And you get it all with no ads popping up on your screen.
Library cards save you money with access to:
- More than 2 million items in our state’s libraries’ collections.
- Newspapers and magazines at the library or online (here and here).
- High-quality subscription databases, great for homework help, genealogical research, or learning a foreign language.
- Books – search the catalog.
- Movies and music albums – available to check out, download, or stream.
- Video games – available to check out.
- Classes and special events for all ages – see our calendar.
- Free and discounted passes for museums and natural areas, thanks to our Friends group.
- Lifelong learning for all, regardless of age, gender, or financial ability.
With your library card you have access to the convenience of our cutting edge library system to request and renew your own materials.
Getting your library card
Goffstown residents, non-residents employed in Goffstown, and non-resident students of Goffstown Schools can get a free library card. Non-residents can also get a library card for an annual fee. For specific requirements, please see our Library Card Requirements Policy.
We can’t wait to see you at the Library!