Celebrate Goffstown & NH History
October 19 – 25
We’re pulling out some hidden treasures to celebrate the importance of Goffstown’s history during NH History Week. The special display on the second floor highlights some gems from our collection that you may not see on a typical visit to the library. The Historical Society will also be sharing some special pieces with us, including a D.A. Taggart Volunteer Fireman’s Parade uniform jacket, circa 1900.
Treasures in our local history collection:
In our permanent collection on the 3rd floor, you’ll find these reference items & more:
- George Plummer Hadley’s History of the Town of Goffstown, 1733 – 1920, (a copy is also available for checkout.)
- Information regarding Hillside, Westlawn and Shirley Hill cemeteries in Cemeteries of Goffstown
- The Goffstown Unity Club Cook Book, 2nd Edition, April 1918
- The Granite Monthly, a New Hampshire Magazine, May 1898
- Town Reports, going back to 1851
We hope you enjoy learning more about the rich and vibrant past of Goffstown this week.
For a full calendar of events throughout the state, please visit the NH Preservation Alliance website, www.nhpreservation.org.