September is Library Card Sign-up month, a time to equip every child with one of the most important school supplies of all. Libraries have so much to offer in addition to books, and studies have shown that children who use the library perform better in school. Need more reasons to own a Goffstown Public Library Card? Read on…
This year, Stan Lee, legendary comic creator (Spider-Man, the Hulk, X-men, Iron Man and the Fantastic Four) is Honorary Chair of Library Card Sign-up Month.
Already Have a Library Card? Other Ways to Get Involved:
- Invite your friends and family to get their own library cards.
- Share your story about how you use the library or what the library means to you. Your voice is one of the most important ways to advocate for the library.
- Show your support by sharing on social media and even have a chance to win prizes with atyourlibrary.org during Library Card Sign-up Month 2014.
Here’s a word balloon to help you share your story. Have fun with this and share online with #LibraryCardSignUp & #goflib. (You can click to download a full-sized version of the balloon.)
With a library card you have access to:
- More than 2 million items in our state’s libraries’ collections.
- Books, digital books, audio books, books on CD.
- Movies and video games.
- Classes and special events for all ages.
- Free and discounted passes for museums and natural areas, thanks to our Friends group.
- Newspapers and magazines, some in an electronic format.
- High quality subscription databases, great for homework help, genealogical research, learning a foreign language.
- Our cutting edge library system.
- Lifelong learning for all, regardless of age, gender, or financial ability.
The return on your investment is HUGE when used! See the NH Library Association calculator.