Enjoy the convenience of downloadable e-audio & e-books, music albums, comics, movies, and tv shows on your mobile & e-reader devices with your Goffstown Public Library Card.
If you have an app-enabled device, download these third party apps* from your device’s app store, and follow the on-screen prompts/directions:
For more detailed assistance, see the directions and links below. Streaming content from InstantFlix is available with a web-browser and internet connection.
We offer multiple services for downloadable content – giving you a wide selection to choose from.
- See e-book & e-audiobook content in the library catalog.
- NEW! Zinio for Libraries for magazines.
- hoopla – with downloadable and streaming content.
- New Hampshire Downloadable Books
- Cloud Library (formerly 3M)
- InstantFlix – This streaming service offers over 7,000 high-quality shorts, features, documentaries, classic TV shows and Web series from 85 countries, and hits from major festivals all over the world, including Sundance, Cannes, Tribeca, and more!
First Time Users / To Setup Your Device:
Device setup is a one-time process and includes installation of third party applications.*
Before you begin:
- Have your library card and PIN password available. This is the PIN password you selected when registering for your Goffstown Public Library card. If you forgot your password, please visit or call the library at 497-2102, or request it online at My Account.
- If your device is password protected, please have that password on hand.
- Email account information is handy to have, especially for resetting forgotten passwords.
- Associated accounts information – For example: Kindle device users will require their Amazon username and password information; or iPod® users their iTunes information. Be prepared with all usernames & passwords for your device.
- An internet connection.
- hoopla: iOS Devices, Android™ Devices, 7″ and 8.9″ Kindle Fire HDX tablets, 2015 model Kindle Fire, and Chromebook. See all compatible devices at hoopladigital.com/support.
- NH Downloadable/OverDrive: iOS Devices, Android™ Devices, Chromebook, Windows Phone, Windows 8, Kindle, Kindle Fire HD, and NOOK® HD/HD+. See all compatible devices at overdrive.com.
- Cloud Library (formerly 3M): iOS Devices, Android™ Devices, NOOK® Tablets, Windows®/Mac OS X, NOOK®, Kobo™ eReader, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire HDX. See all compatible devices at www.yourcloudlibrary.com.
- InstantFlix: Any internet-enabled device.
- Zinio: Any internet-enabled computer, iPad, iPhone, Android, Kindle HD/HDX.
Compatible older generation & Classic e-readers require a USB cable and a software installation on your PC.
Kindle e-readers that require an update should visit this amazon.com page for instructions how to update manually.
If you have an app-enabled device, download these apps from your device’s app store:
- Hoopla Digital (from Midwest Tape LLC)
- Cloud Library (from Bibliotheca Ltd)
- Zinio for Libraries
- Streaming content from hoopla or InstantFlix only need a web-browser and internet connection.
You should be ready to get started with your app by following the on-screen prompts/directions.
If you need help, or have an older generation or Classic e-reader,
please continue reading.
Some devices require a free Adobe ID; if so, you will be prompted to set this up during installation – make note of the email address/ID and password you use for your Adobe ID – http://www.adobe.com/solutions/ebook/digital-editions.html – you will need this when prompted to “Authorize”.
It may be required for your device to be enabled to “Allow Installation of Applications from Unknown Sources”. Please check your device settings, or turn this feature “ON” or “ALLOW” when prompted.
Need more help?
- NH Downloadable: OverDrive
- Cloud Library (CL): Support
- Zinio for Libraries: Help
Once downloaded, follow the prompts from your device to complete the app installation.
- If your e-reader requires PC software to download, connect your device with a USB cord and proceed.
- Sign into your new accounts, and include your library information.
- You’re now ready to browse, borrow and download.
How To Download:
You can check out e-books, e-audiobooks, and magazines through the apps you’ve installed on your device. You can also view many available e-book and e-audiobook titles in the library catalog.
In addition to e-books and e-audiobooks, hoopla also offers movies, music, comics, and television shows.
You may see lots of different formats – EPUB, MP3, OverDrive Read, Kindle, or Listen – please carefully read the instructions for your device to see which formats will work best for you.
- When searching in the library catalog, choose the sidebar menu “Narrow your Search” then “Type of Material” you’re looking for. There, you’ll see all the options for the titles in your search – look for “Ebook” and “EAudiobook” choices.
- Books checked out via the library catalog will appear on your device when synced with an internet connection.
Help with Device Apps
Check these links for FAQ, help with browsing, downloading, returning books, and troubleshooting:
- hoopla: support, tips, and technical help at www.hoopladigital.com/support.
- NH Downloadable/OverDrive: help.overdrive.com, or nhdbooks.blogspot.com.
- Cloud Library (CL): Support
- Zinio for Libraries: Help
- When printing pages (coloring books), please use a Chrome browser (download free here: www.google.com/chrome).
- For NOOK GlowLight Plus, see “How do I transfer and read Adobe DRM ePub and PDF files?” at nook.barnesandnoble.com.
The borrowing period begins as soon as items are checked out, not when they are downloaded.
- Cloud Library (formerly 3M) does not have a renewal option.
- The OverDrive request option appears in the OverDrive app, on the Checkouts page, three days before a title is set to expire, with a “Request again” button appearing below the title.
- hoopla – Items are always available, can be borrowed again within monthly limits.
- hoopla: Checkouts are limited to 3 titles per month.
- Movie and TV content is available for 72 hours (3 days) after borrowing.
- Music albums are available for 7 days.
- E-books, comics and e-audiobooks are available for 21 days.
- OverDrive & Cloud Library:
- E-books and e-audiobooks are loaned for 2 weeks.
- You can place up to 5 hold requests. When a title becomes available, you will receive an email and/or text message, based on your notification preferences; you will then have 48 hours to claim them.
- You can see Borrowed Titles in My Account at goffstownlibrary.com.
- OverDrive: Checkouts are limited to 3 titles at a time.
- Cloud Library (formerly 3M): Checkouts are limited to 6 titles at a time.
More free e-books available online:
*The Goffstown Public Library guarantees the confidentiality of your library account per RSA 201-D:11 as it applies to our automated library system and services we provide. However, you are not guaranteed privacy through downloadable services such as OverDrive, Cloud Library, hoopla, Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
Please be aware that your information may not be held confidential through this service.