Enjoy the convenience of downloadable audio & e-books on your mobile & e-reader devices with your Goffstown Public Library Card and the New Hampshire Downloadable Books and 3M Services.
Before you begin: Have your library card and PIN available. This is the PIN you selected when registering for your Goffstown Public Library card. If you need a PIN, visit or call the library at 497-2102. We will be happy to assign a 4-digit number of your choosing.
To Setup Your Device:
The Goffstown Public Library offers e-books through two providers: 3M & NH Downloadable. Audiobooks are available through the NH Downloadable service. Device setup is a one-time process and includes installation of third party applications.*
- Android & App Enabled Nook
- Kindle Fire
- Classic e-reader instructions for: 3M and NH Downloadable
- Kindle Classic (NH Downloadable service only)
Brochures are designed to print on 8 1/2 x 14 paper, in landscape mode. Before printing, please adjust for your printer settings.
To Download Books:
Digital books and audiobooks titles are all viewable from the library catalog.
- To download 3M books, search our library catalog for “ebooks” or for keyword “3M” & limit by “Ebook (downloadable)” – as in this link.
- For more e-books, and audiobooks, visit NH Downloadable Books.
You can also download 3M & NH Downloadable books through their respective apps installed on your device.
To Download Magazines:
Magazines are viewable from devices with iOS, Android and Nook capabilities. Kindle devices do not support magazine downloads at this time. For magazine selection, visit NH Downloadable Books.
- Instructions: Downloadable Magazines Brochure.
More free e-books available online:
- E-books and textbooks at bookboon.com
- Google free e-books
- The Internet Archive
- Free public domain audiobooks from LibriVox
- NASA e-books
- The Open Library
- Project Gutenberg
- Public domain titles from NH Downloadable that never expire and don’t count against your library checkout limit.
History and description of e-readers: Drexel College of Information Science and Technology.
*The Goffstown Public Library guarantees the confidentiality of your library account per RSA 201-D:11 as it applies to our automated library system and services we provide. However, you are not guaranteed privacy through downloadable services such as Overdrive, 3M, Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
Please be aware that your information may not be held confidential through this service.