Your Goffstown Public Library Card gives you access to downloadable audio & e-books on your mobile & e-reader devices with the New Hampshire Downloadable Books and 3M Services.
Before you begin: Have your library card and PIN available. This is the PIN you selected when registering for your Goffstown Public Library card. If you need a PIN, visit or call the library at 497-2102. We will be happy to assign a 4-digit number of your choosing.
To Setup Your Device:
The Goffstown Public Library offers e-books through two providers: 3M & NH Downloadable. Audiobooks are available through the NH Downloadable service. Device setup is a one-time process and includes installation of third party applications.*
- Android & App Enabled Nook
- Kindle Fire
- Classic e-reader instructions for: 3M and NH Downloadable
- Kindle Classic (NH Downloadable service only)
Brochures are designed to print on 8 1/2 x 14 paper, in landscape mode. Before printing, please adjust for your printer settings.
To Download Books:
Digital books and audiobooks titles are all viewable from the library catalog.
- To download 3M books, search our library catalog for “ebooks” or for keyword “3M” & limit by “Ebook (downloadable)” – as in this link.
- For more e-books, and audiobooks, visit NH Downloadable Books.
You can also download 3M & NH Downloadable books through their respective apps installed on your device.
More free e-books available online:
- E-books and textbooks at bookboon.com
- Google free e-books
- The Internet Archive
- Free public domain audiobooks from LibriVox
- NASA e-books
- The Open Library
- Project Gutenberg
- Public domain titles from NH Downloadable that never expire and don’t count against your library checkout limit.
History and description of e-readers: Drexel College of Information Science and Technology.
*The Goffstown Public Library guarantees the confidentiality of your library account per RSA 201-D:11 as it applies to our automated library system and services we provide. However, you are not guaranteed privacy through the OverDrive Downloadable Service and specifically e-book downloading from a third party vendor such as Amazon.
Please be aware that your information may not be held confidential through this service.