Enjoy the convenience of downloadable audio & e-books on your mobile & e-reader devices with your Goffstown Public Library Card.
We offer multiple services for downloadable content – giving you a wide selection to choose from.
- See all e-book & audiobook content in the library catalog.
- New Hampshire Downloadable Books
- 3M Cloud Library
First Time Users / To Setup Your Device:
Device setup is a one-time process and includes installation of third party applications.*
Before you begin:
- Have your library card and PIN password available. This is the PIN password you selected when registering for your Goffstown Public Library card. If you forgot your password, please visit or call the library at 497-2102, or request it online at My Account.
- If your device is password protected, please have that password on hand.
- Email account information is handy to have, especially for resetting forgotten passwords.
- Associated accounts information – For example: Kindle device users will require their Amazon username and password information; or iPod® users their iTunes information. Be prepared with all usernames & passwords for your device.
- An internet connection.
NH Downloadable/OverDrive: iOS Devices, Android™ Devices, Chromebook, Windows Phone, Windows 8, Kindle, Kindle Fire HD, and NOOK® HD/HD+. See all compatible devices at overdrive.com.
3M: iOS Devices, Android™ Devices, NOOK® Tablets, Windows®/Mac OS X, NOOK®, Kobo™ eReader, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire HDX. See all compatible devices at 3m.com/us/library/eBook.
Older generation & Classic e-readers require a USB cable and a software installation on your PC.
Kindle e-readers that require an update should visit this amazon.com page for instructions how to update manually.
If you have an app-enabled device, download the OverDrive & 3M Cloud Library apps from your device’s app store.
If you need help, or have an older generation or Classic e-reader, please continue reading.
Some devices require a free Adobe ID, and you will be prompted to set this up during installation – make note of the email address/ID and password you use for your Adobe ID – http://www.adobe.com/solutions/ebook/digital-editions.html – you will need this when prompted to “Authorize”.
It may be required for your device to be enabled to “Allow Installation of Applications from Unknown Sources”. Please check your device settings, or turn this feature “ON” or “ALLOW” when prompted.
- NH Downloadable – OverDrive.
- Magazines – Please install the NOOK® app to read magazines with the NH Downloadable service. Kindle devices do not support magazine downloads at this time. PCs require Windows 10.
Once downloaded, follow the prompts from your device to complete the app installation.
- If your e-reader requires PC software to download, connect your device with a USB cord and proceed.
- Sign into your new accounts, and include your library information.
- You’re now ready to browse, borrow and download.
How To Download:
You can check out e-books, audiobooks, and magazines through the apps you’ve installed on your device. You can also view all available e-book and audiobook titles in one place, in the library catalog.
You’ll see lots of different formats – EPUB, MP3, OverDrive Read, Kindle, or Listen – please carefully read the instructions for your device to see which formats will work best for you.
- When searching in the library catalog, choose the sidebar menu “Narrow your Search” then “Type of Material” you’re looking for. There, you’ll see all the options for the titles in your search – look for “Ebook” and “Audio Ebook” choices.
- Books checked out via the library catalog will appear on your device when synced with an internet connection.
Help with Device Apps
Check these links for FAQ, help with browsing, downloading, returning books, and troubleshooting:
- NH Downloadable/OverDrive: help.overdrive.com., or nhdbooks.blogspot.com.
- 3M: 3M Cloud Library Support.
- Also available at that link: an 11-page User’s Guide.
- For magazine selection, visit NH Downloadable Books.
- For NOOK GlowLight Plus, see “How do I transfer and read Adobe DRM ePub and PDF files?” at nook.barnesandnoble.com.
- E-books and audiobooks are loaned for 2 weeks.
- You can place up to 5 hold requests on these items. When a title becomes available, you will receive an email and/or text message, based on your notification preferences. You will then have 48 hours to claim them.
- Like all materials, you can see Borrowed Titles in My Account at goffstownlibrary.com.
- OverDrive: You can only check out up to 3 e-book and/or audiobook titles at a time.
- 3M: Checkouts are limited to 6 titles at a time.
More free e-books available online:
*The Goffstown Public Library guarantees the confidentiality of your library account per RSA 201-D:11 as it applies to our automated library system and services we provide. However, you are not guaranteed privacy through downloadable services such as OverDrive, 3M, Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
Please be aware that your information may not be held confidential through this service.