Libraries are an integral part of thriving communities and we do our part to help make sure our library is healthy and vibrant in the Goffstown community. We are an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization interested in the Goffstown Public Library. We strive to focus public attention on and stimulate use of the Library. We also support the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, which expresses the rights of library users to intellectual freedom.
The Friends sponsor or subsidize many programs throughout the year and provide a presence in the Library and greater Goffstown community.
Little Free Library | Take a Book • Return a Book
At Abingdon Park on Mast Road in Pinardville, next to the Rite Aid parking lot.
The Little Free Library project came to fruition through a collaboration between Samantha Nizer, a 17-year old homeschool student; the Goffstown Public Library and the Friends of the Goffstown Public Library. Dedication was held on October 6, 2015.
- There will be a variety of books at this Little Free Library so anyone stopping by will find something they may want to read.
- The Little Free Library relies on the honor system, with a “Take a Book, Return a Book” philosophy.
- Thanks to the Cruess family, of Bedford-based civil engineering firm TFMoran, for use of the park location.
- For more information, please visit littlefreelibrary.org.
Join Us! Become a Volunteer & Receive our Newsletter
Programs & Fundraisers
- Year-round book sale on the 3rd floor of the library.
- Spring Book Sale during Goffstown’s Old Home Day, the 1st weekend in June.
- Fall Book Sale during Goffstown’s Pumpkin Regatta, usually the 2nd Saturday in October.
Once Upon a Pie…
This annual pie baking competition and auction is a fun & delicious fundraiser, usually held in November.
Knit & Crochet Club
Friends’ member Karen Heise facilitates a monthly knitting and crochet club. Crafters of all abilities are welcome!
By recycling your used ink cartridges and old cell phones or electronics at the library, you also help support the Friends. Just drop off your items in the box at the circulation desk, or bring them to one of our meetings. Small ink cartridges only please, no toners (only cartridges that are small and can fit in the palm of your hand).
>> Museum Pass Brochure <<