The library hosts two book discussion groups each month. All discussions take place in the 3rd floor conference room and are open to any teen or adult who is interested. To reserve a copy of the current selection, call 497-2102.
See previous year’s book lists and ratings below.
“Discussions at Dusk” 2015 Schedule
“Discussions at Dusk” is our evening book group that meets the first Tuesday of each month @ 6:30pm and is facilitated by Jessica Sheehan.
- 1/6 The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
- 2/3 The Bees by Laline Paull
- 3/3 Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad
- 4/7 Foul Matter by Martha Grimes
- 5/5 The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach
- 6/2 In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
- 7/7 Dreams of Joy by Lisa See
- 8/4 Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver
- 9/1 The Fever by Megan Abbott
- 10/6 The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
- 11/3 The Returned by Jason Mott
- 12/1 Cannery Row by John Steinbeck
“Literary Ladies, Etc.” 2015 Schedule
“Literary Ladies, Etc” is our afternoon book discussion group that meets the third Wednesday of each month at 1:30pm and is facilitated by Sandy Whipple.
- 1/21 The Hot Zone by Richard Preston, group rating: ….
- 2/18 Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- 3/18 We Are Not Ourselves by Matthew Thomas
- 4/15 The Underground Girls of Kabul by Jenny Nordberg
- 5/20 The Enchanted by Rene Denfeld
- 6/17 The Greater Journey: Americans in Paris by David McCullough
- 7/15 I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzar
- 8/19 The Wind is Not a River by Brian Payton
- 9/16 State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
- 10/21 To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- 11/18 Claire of the Sea Light by Edwidge Danticat
- 12/16 All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr