The library hosts two book discussion groups each month. All discussions take place in the 3rd floor conference room and are open to any teen or adult who is interested. To reserve a copy of the current selection, call 497-2102.
See previous year’s book lists and ratings below.
“Discussions at Dusk” 2015 Schedule
“Discussions at Dusk” is our evening book group that meets the first Tuesday of each month @ 6:30pm and is facilitated by Jessica Sheehan.
- 1/6 The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls, group rating: 4.07
- 2/3 The Bees by Laline Paull, group rating: 2.2
- 3/3 Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad, group rating: 3.5
- 4/7 Foul Matter by Martha Grimes, group rating: 2.75
- 5/5 The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach, group rating: 3.8
- 6/2 In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
- 7/7 Dreams of Joy by Lisa See
- 8/4 Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver
- 9/1 The Fever by Megan Abbott
- 10/6 The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
- 11/3 The Returned by Jason Mott
- 12/1 Cannery Row by John Steinbeck
“Literary Ladies, Etc.” 2015 Schedule
“Literary Ladies, Etc” is our afternoon book discussion group that meets the third Wednesday of each month at 1:30pm and is facilitated by Sandy Whipple.
- 1/21 The Hot Zone by Richard Preston, group rating: 4.8
- 2/18 The Enchanted by Rene Denfeld, group rating: 3.8
- 3/18 We Are Not Ourselves by Matthew Thomas, group rating: 3.4
- 4/15 The Underground Girls of Kabul by Jenny Nordberg, group rating: 4.1
- 5/20 Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, group rating: 4.2
- 6/17 The Greater Journey: Americans in Paris by David McCullough
- 7/15 I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzar
- 8/19 The Wind is Not a River by Brian Payton
- 9/16 State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
- 10/21 To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- 11/18 Claire of the Sea Light by Edwidge Danticat
- 12/16 All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
“Check Out What’s Cookin’ Book-Club” 2015 Schedule
Join our bi-monthly cookbook club for talk, tips & tasting! Each participant prepares their favorite recipe from the month’s selected cookbook to share. Goffstown Public Library cardholders who wish to participate must register for each meeting separately. Registration for each meeting will begin on the date of the previous meeting.
- 1/17 The Smitten Kitchen by Deb Perelman
- 3/21 Plenty: Vibrant Vegetable Recipes from London’s Ottolenghi by Yotam Ottolenghi
- 5/9 Moosewood Restaurant Favorites by Moosewood Collective
- Tuesday, 7/21 500 Low Carb Recipes by Dana Carpender
- 9/26 Giada’s Family Dinners by Giada De Laurentiis
- 11/7 The Gloriously Gluten-free Cookbook by Vanessa Maltin Weisbrod