The library hosts two book discussion groups each month. All discussions take place in the 3rd floor conference room and are open to any teen or adult who is interested. To reserve a copy of the current selection, call 497-2102. Books below are rated, up to 5 stars, based on group participant opinions.
“Discussions at Dusk” 2016 Schedule
“Discussions at Dusk” is our evening book group that meets the first Tuesday of each month @ 6:30 p.m. and is facilitated by Melody Fulone.
- 1/5 The Good German by Joseph Kanon, group discussion rating: 2.5.
- 2/2 On the Road by Jack Kerouac, group discussion rating: 2.75.
- 3/1 The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley, group discussion rating: 3.5.
- 4/5 Shakespeare Changed My Life: Ten Years in Solitary with the Bard by Laura Bates, group discussion rating: 3.5.
- 5/3 A Room with a View by E.M. Forster, group discussion rating: 3.5.
- 6/7 And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
- 7/5 Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- 8/2 American Meteor by Norman Lock
- 9/6 Letters to the Lost by Iona Gray
- 10/4 The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- 11/1 Our Souls at Night by Kent Haruf
- 12/6 The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
“Literary Ladies, Etc.” 2016 Schedule
“Literary Ladies, Etc” is our afternoon book discussion group that meets the third Wednesday of each month at 1:30 p.m. and is facilitated by Sandy Whipple.
- 1/20 The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin, group discussion rating: 3.1.
- 2/17 The Dark Tide: The Great Boston Molasses Flood of 1919 by Stephen Puleo, group discussion rating: 4.1.
- 3/16 The Paris Wife by Paula McLain, group discussion rating: 3.7.
- 4/20 Shakespeare Changed My Life: Ten Years in Solitary with the Bard by Laura Bates, group discussion rating: 4.6.
- 5/18 Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larsen, group discussion rating: 3.7.
- 6/15 Church of Marvels by Leslie Parry
- 7/20 The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
- 8/17 Our Souls at Night by Kent Haruf
- 9/21 Seven Wild Sisters by Charles de Lint
- 10/19 The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- 11/16 The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan
- 12/21 A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
“Check Out What’s Cookin’ Book Club” 2016 Schedule
Join our bi-monthly cookbook club for talk, tips & tasting! Each participant prepares their favorite recipe from the month’s selected cookbook to share. Goffstown Public Library cardholders who wish to participate must register for each meeting separately. Registration for each meeting will begin on the date of the previous meeting.
- 1/30 A selection of Japanese Bento Cookbooks will be available
- 3/12 Jamie Oliver’s Comfort Food: The Ultimate Weekend Cookbook by Jamie Oliver
- 5/14 A selection of Mexican Food Cookbooks will be available