The Library hosts two book discussion groups each month. All discussions take place in the 3rd floor conference room and are open to any teen or adult who is interested.
To reserve a copy of the current selection, call 497-2102.
“Discussions at Dusk” 2013 Schedule
“Discussions at Dusk” is our evening book group that meets the first Tuesday of each month at 6:30pm and is facilitated by Jessica Sheehan.
- February 5th: The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum, group rating: 3.42
- March 5th: The Age of Miracles by Karen Walker Thompson, group rating: 3.7
- April 2nd: In the Wake by Per Petterson, group rating: 2.55
- May 7th: The Buddha in the Attic by Julie Otsuka, group rating: 4.1
- June 4th: Nemesis by Philip Roth, group rating: 3.7
- July 2nd: The Flight of Gemma Hardy by Margot Livesey
- August 6th: Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
- September 3rd: Mudbound by Hillary Jordan
- October 1st: The Girl Who Fell From the Sky by Heidi W. Durrow
- November 5th: The Great House by Nicole Krauss
- December 3rd: Hidden by Paul Jaskunas
“Literary Ladies, Etc.” 2013 Schedule”
“Literary Ladies, Etc” is our afternoon book discussion group that meets the third Wednesday of each month at 1:30pm and is facilitated by Sandy Whipple.
- January 23: The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum, group rating: 4.6
- February 27: Townie: A Memoir by Andre Dubus III, group rating: 3.2
- March 27: The Orchardist: A Novel by Amanda Coplan, group rating: 4.7
- April 24: Wild:From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed, group rating: 4.6
- May 22: The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan Philipp Sendker, group rating: 4.6
- June 26: The Devil in Silver by Victor Lavalle
- July 24: The Hare With the Amber Eyes by Edmund DeWaal
- August 28: Breakfast with Buddha by Roland Merullo
- September 25: A Walk Across the Sun by Corban Addison
- October 23: The Hum and the Shiver by Alex Bledsoe
- November 20: The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes