The Library hosts two book discussion groups each month. All discussions take place in the 3rd floor conference room and are open to any teen or adult who is interested. To reserve a copy of the current selection, call 497-2102.
See previous year’s book lists and ratings below.
“Discussions at Dusk” 2014 Schedule
“Discussions at Dusk” is our evening book group that meets the first Tuesday of each month @ 6:30pm and is facilitated by Jessica Sheehan.
- 1/7 Carry the One by Carol Anshaw, group rating: 3.73
- 2/4 Shanghai Girls by Lisa See, group rating: 4.1
- 3/4 Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck, group rating: 4.25
- 4/1 Death of an Ordinary Man by Glen Duncan, group rating: 2.72
- 5/6 The Orchardist by Amanda Coplin, group rating: 3.48
- 6/3 Our Game by John LeCarre, group rating: 3.7
- 7/1 San Miguel by T.C. Boyle, group rating: 3.67
- 8/5 Half Broke Horses by Jeanette Walls
- 9/2 The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes
- 10/7 The Lifeboat by Charlotte Rogan
- 11/4 Someone by Alice McDermott
- 12/2 Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
“Literary Ladies, Etc.” 2014 Schedule
“Literary Ladies, Etc” is our afternoon book discussion group that meets the third Wednesday of each month at 1:30pm and is facilitated by Sandy Whipple.
- 1/22 House of Earth: A Novel by Woody Guthrie, group rating: 2.9
- 2/26 Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff, group rating: 4
- 3/26 The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahari, group rating: 3.75
- 4/23 Mudbound by Hillary Jordan, group rating: 3.8
- 5/28 Guests on Earth by Lee Silver, group rating: 3.7
- 6/25 The Execution of Noa P. Singleton by Elizabeth Silver, group rating: 2.3
- 7/23 Signora da Vinci by Robin Maxwell
- 8/27 The Disappearing Spoon: and Other True Tales of Madness, Love and the History of the World From the Periodic Table of Elements by Sam Kean
- 9/24 A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- 10/22 The Good Lord Bird by James McBride
- 11/19 Quiet by Susan Cain *note this is the 3rd Wednesday
- December – no meeting