The library hosts two book discussion groups each month. All discussions take place in the 3rd floor conference room and are open to any teen or adult who is interested. To reserve a copy of the current selection, call 497-2102. Books below are rated, up to 5 stars, based on group participant opinions.
“Literary Ladies, Etc.” 2017 Schedule
“Literary Ladies, Etc” is our afternoon book discussion group that meets the third Wednesday of each month at 1:30 p.m. and is facilitated by Sandy Whipple.
- 1/18 Everyone Brave is Forgiven by Chris Cleave, group discussion rating: 4.5.
- 2/15 Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
- 3/15 Smoke Gets In Your Eyes by Caitlin Doughty
- 4/19 The True American: Murder and Mercy in Texas by Anand Giridharadas
- 5/17 Her Own Vietnam by Lynn Kanter
- 6/21 Hillbilly Elegy: a memoir of a family and culture in crisis by J.D. Vance
- 7/19 Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- 8/16 The Girl Who Wrote in Silk by Kelli Estes
- 9/20 The Red Bandanna: a life, a choice, a legacy by Tom Rinaldi
- 10/18 Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
- 11/15 When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
- 12/20 News of the World by Paulette Jiles
“Discussions at Dusk” 2017 Schedule
“Discussions at Dusk” is our evening book group that meets the first Tuesday of each month @ 6:30 p.m. and is facilitated by Melody Fulone.
- 1/3 The Reader by Bernard Schlink, group discussion rating: 4.25.
- 2/7 All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- 3/7 The Astronaut Wives Club by Lily Koppel
- 4/4 Why I Wake Early by Mary Oliver
- 5/2 This Is How You Lose Her by Junot Diaz
- 6/6 Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
- July – no discussion, Library closed.
- 8/1 The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner
- 9/5 The World’s Strongest Librarian by Josh Hanagarne
- 10/3 Ghost Story by Peter Straub
- 11/7 We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Fowler
- 12/5 The Finest Hours by Michael J. Tougias
“Check Out What’s Cookin’ Book Club” 2017 Schedule
Join our bi-monthly cookbook club for talk, tips & tasting! Each participant prepares their favorite recipe from the month’s selected cookbook to share. Goffstown Public Library cardholders who wish to participate must register for each meeting separately. Registration for each meeting will begin on the date of the previous meeting.
- 2/18 Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Louisiana Kitchen
- 4/22 Outlander Kitchen: The Official Outlander Companion cookbook
- 6/3 Bobby Flay’s Boy Gets Grill: 125 Reasons to Light Your Fire